Meth cook burned after lab explodes

Posted: 8th June 2011 by Doc in Uncategorized
Comments Off on Meth cook burned after lab explodes

KALAMAZOO, Mich. (WOOD) – A man suffered severe burns after a methamphetamine lab exploded in the basement of his home.

The 30-year-old Kalamazoo resident is in stable condition at a hospital, after receiving treatment to his burned hands and arms.

He was cooking meth in the 1300 block of N. Park Street when the lab exploded around 12:40 a.m. Tuesday, igniting the home on fire, according to the Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety.

When rescue personnel arrived, they saw the man lying in the street. They tended to his injuries and extinguished the blaze, which was contained to the basement of the home.

Two bystanders — a 33-year-old woman and a 13-year-old male — were arrested at the scene after getting into an altercation, police said.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/kalamazoo_and_battle_creek/Meth-lab-explosion-causes-house-fire

Comments are closed.