Comments Off on 3-year-old girl hurt by drinking meth lab liquid

KINGSFORD HEIGHTS, Ind. — Authorities say a 3-year-old girl was seriously injured by drinking liquid from a suspected methamphetamine cooking operation at a northern Indiana home.

LaPorte County police say the girl was taken to Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis for treatment after emergency crews were called to the home in the town of Kingsford Heights on Friday. The initial report was of a girl swallowing something and being burned.

The Times of Munster reports the LaPorte County prosecutor is considering formal charges against two adults who live at the home.

LaPorte County metro operations coordinator Tim Shortt says the girl apparently was visiting the home and her mother was somewhere nearby. He says ingredients typically used in a meth lab were found at the home and are being tested.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/5842443-418/3-year-old-girl-hurt-by-drinking-meth-lab-liquid.html

Comments are closed.