Comments Off on Wanted man fires up meth pipe after police chase

BURIEN, Wash. — Deputies say a wanted man started smoking methamphetamine after leading police on a long chase that went through Sea-Tac Airport early Wednesday.

Sgt. Patrick McCurdy said the bizarre incident began about 12:30 a.m. when a deputy spotted a stolen Dodge Charger at a Burien gas station.

Wanted man fires up meth pipe after police chase

The suspect is seen after being arrested early Wednesday.

When the deputy approached, the driver jumped back in the car and took off with his estranged wife in the passenger seat, leading police on a chase up and down Interstate 5, State Routes 518 and 509 and through the arrivals area at Sea-Tac.

McCurdy said the driver never went faster than about 80 mph and even slowed down when he twice led deputies through the airport pick-up road.

After about 20 minutes of chasing the driver, deputies used a PIT maneuver to force the car to stop.

“Immediately afterwards he apparently pulled out a methamphetamine pipe and started smoking right there in front of everybody,” McCurdy said.

The man initially refused to get out of the car but eventually complied after a deputy tried to smash a side window on the Charger.

McCurdy said the Burien man was already wanted for a previous eluding incident. He will be booked into the King County Jail for the outstanding arrest warrant as well as investigation of felony eluding, possesion of a stolen vehicle, drug offenses and violating a court order.

“He’s in trouble,” McCurdy said. “He knew he had the warrant, and he knew the car was stolen.”

The man’s wife will likely not face any charges.

“She was screaming the whole time for him to stop,” McCurdy said.

The couple was separated and the man had a court order barring him from being with his wife.

“Apparently he just showed up, re-entered her life recently with his fancy new car that turned out to be stolen,” McCurdy said. “They went out to dinner tonight and everything was going well, according to her, then we found them at the gas station. Things didn’t go well after that.”



Comments are closed.