Two more charged in Houlton meth lab

Posted: 5th February 2013 by Doc in Uncategorized
Comments Off on Two more charged in Houlton meth lab

HOULTON, Maine — Two more men were arrested and charged with drug offenses in connection with a methamphetamine lab allegedly uncovered at a Military Street apartment house on Jan. 30.

The Maine Drug Enforcement Agency announced the arrests of John Belyea, 29, of Hodgdon, and Randolph Tapley, 30, of Houlton, on Monday.

Randolph Tapley

Randolph Tapley

John Belyea

John Belyea


Darrell Crandall, MDEA division commander, said that Tapley was arrested on Jan. 30 and Belyea was apprehended the next day. Tapley was charged with aggravated trafficking in methamphetamine. Belyea was charged with trafficking in methamphetamine and violation of probation.

Crandall said Monday that the specific details of their individual involvement in the criminal activity would not be released at this time.

Belyea remains at the Aroostook County Jail in Houlton, while Tapley is free on bail.

On Jan. 30, the MDEA’s lab team executed a search warrant at the apartment at 60 Military St. following reports of criminal drug activity and strong chemical odors. Agents arrived to interview Jammie Dickinson, 27, of Houlton, and Kyle Stewart, 25, of Houlton and found a toddler living there. Police evacuated the apartment building and secured a search warrant.

Members of the MDEA’s lab team entered the apartment and agents seized chemicals, solvents, equipment and other materials used to make methamphetamine. Agents also seized strips of lithium metal, a highly flammable component of methamphetamine, that were hidden inside a child’s shirt near where the child sleeps.

Stewart and Dickinson were arrested, as was Crystal Dehahn, 26, of Hodgdon. All three were charged with trafficking in methamphetamine, a class B crime, punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a $20,000 fine. All three also were charged with endangering the welfare of a minor, a class D crime punishable by no more than 1 year in prison and up to a $2,000 fine.




Comments are closed.