A teacher at Summerville Elementary School is awaiting a bond hearing after being arrested Wednesday night on drug charges in Berkeley County.

Terri Goldman Wooten, 49, was arrested at a Ladson residence along with 37-year-old David Eugene Cauthen.

 

Summerville Elementary School teacher Terri Goldman Wooten had bond set at $79,000 for distribution of a controlled substance within ½ mile of a school, possession of LSD, possession of a Schedule 4 narcotic (Xanax) and trafficking methamphetamine.

Summerville Elementary School teacher Terri Goldman Wooten had bond set at $79,000 for distribution of a controlled substance within ½ mile of a school, possession of LSD, possession of a Schedule 4 narcotic (Xanax) and trafficking methamphetamine

Bond was set at $124,600 for David Eugene Cauthan, 218 Deer Track Lane in Moncks Corner, for distribution of a controlled substance within ½ mile of a school, possession of LSD, possession of marijuana, possession of a Schedule 4 narcotic (Xanax), manufacturing methamphetamine and trafficking methamphetamine.

Bond was set at $124,600 for David Eugene Cauthan, 218 Deer Track Lane in Moncks Corner, for distribution of a controlled substance within ½ mile of a school, possession of LSD, possession of marijuana, possession of a Schedule 4 narcotic (Xanax), manufacturing methamphetamine and trafficking methamphetamine

 Wooten is pictured above in a booking photo released by the Berkeley County Sheriff's Office Thursday.

Wooten is pictured above in a booking photo released by the Berkeley County Sheriff’s Office Thursday

Wooten at her bond hearing Thursday evening.

Wooten at her bond hearing Thursday evening

 

 

The Berkeley County Sheriff’s Office Drug Enforcement Unit conducted a search warrant at 1024 Douglas Wayne Road in Ladson on April 17.

According to the BCSO, during the search agents located the components to manufacture methamphetamine along with approximately 14 gross grams of a white powder substance that field tested positive for methamphetamine, approximately 2.3 gross grams of marijuana, 12 dosage units of LSD “Acid,” and 46 Xanax pills.

Both Wooten and Cauthen are charged with trafficking meth, distribution near a school, possession of a schedule 4 narcotic, and possession of LSD. In addition, Cauthen is also charged with manufacturing meth.

Wooten is a fourth grade teach at Summerville Elementary School.

Dorchester District 2 Public Information Officer Pat Raynor said that the school district was notified Thursday morning of the arrest.

Raynor said that the district found a replacement teacher for Wooten, and that Wooten will be placed on administrative leave with pay.

“It is district policy to automatically put a teacher on administrative leave with pay, pending due process,” Raynor said. “State law dictates what steps will be taken by the school district going forward.

“Someone at the school will be taking over her class, and doing what is in the best interest of the children.”

According to the Dorchester District 2 Website, Wooten is a 1988 graduate of Lander College, and is originally from Ninety-Six, SC. She received a Master’s Degree in Education from Charleston Southern University.

According to the site, Wooten began her teaching career at Spann Elementary School in 1988, and has also taught at Windsor Hill Elementary. She currently teaches a single-gender class at SES of fourth grade girls.

A bond hearing for Wooten and Cauthen was held Thursday evening.

Wooten had bond set at $79,000 for distribution of a controlled substance within ½ mile of a school, possession of LSD, possession of a Schedule 4 narcotic (Xanax) and trafficking methamphetamine.

Bond was set at $124,600 for Cauthan, whose legal address is listed as 218 Deer Track Lane in Moncks Corner, although according to BCSO Wooten and Cauthan share a residence in Ladson, where the arrest occurred. Cauthan’s bond was set for distribution of a controlled substance within ½ mile of a school, possession of LSD, possession of marijuana, possession of a Schedule 4 narcotic (Xanax), manufacturing methamphetamine and trafficking methamphetamine.

 

 

 

 

http://www.journalscene.com/article/20130418/SJ01/130419576/1059/SJ01/ses-teacher-arrested

 

  1. Christopher says:

    Who Ever Said That thisTeacher was Using the Drug It just said her house was busted it could of been while she was working while all of this was happining , besides If she was using and your looking at this site in dicuss than you must not be the parent of one of these kids, because this was a 4th grade class she was teaching and at her pase she had all of her students up to Par and some 98% of thoes kids were reading at a 12 grade level while doing trignometry just waiting for more (the other 2% Unfortunately favored Marijuana) ……… Fucking pessimist’s!