Comments Off on One injured in fire at Bryan duplex where Methamphetamine was being cooked

BRYAN — One person was injured when fire broke out overnight in a duplex residence where methamphetamine was being cooked, authorities said.

The person with “serious” injuries was taken to Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center in Toledo, while six other people escaped the house at 304 Center St. without injury.

The statement from the Multi-Area Narcotics Task Force identified none of those involved, citing an on-going investigation. It also was not stated whether any of those who fled the fire resided at the duplex’s adjoining residence.

Bryan firefighters were sent to the house shortly before midnight Friday. The task force said preliminary investigation revealed a cooking vessel used to make methamphetamine failed during what is commonly known as the “one pot shake-and-bake” process, causing the fire.

Numerous chemicals and apparatus used to make methamphetamine were removed from the dwelling by task force representatives and members of the Williams County Sheriff’s Office and Bryan Police Department.

The Red Cross provided housing assistance for those displaced by the fire. No damage estimate was released.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2015/01/03/One-injured-in-fire-at-Bryan-duplex-where-methamphetamine-was-being-cooked.html

 

 

Comments are closed.