Comments Off on Meth lab blast at Shelbyville Bedford Inn motel burns Amy Williams of Shelbyville; Mother and son, Frances Ruth Davis, 37, and Zachary Tyler Moore, 18, arrested

A woman was seriously burned when a meth lab exploded at a Shelbyville motel early Tuesday, police said.

Amy Williams of Shelbyville was airlifted to Vanderbilt Medical Center’s burn unit after a small explosion at Bedford Motel, Madison Street, Shelbyville police said.

Williams, who police said suffered burns to her torso and arms, told investigators “some type of explosion” occurred when she opened the door to her room at Bedford Inn, Madison Street.

The blaze erupted from a meth lab in the room, Assistant Director Tim Miller of the 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force said.

“A Powerade bottle had a hole in its side and there were sizeable burns to the carpet where it burst on the floor,” Miller said.

Officer David Curley had noticed a plastic bottle on the floor and several Mason jars on a table with plastic tubing and notified the DTF.

Two people investigators say were living in the room with Williams have been charged, Miller said.

Frances Ruth Davis, 37, of Jennifer Circle is charged with promotion of meth manufacturing and her son Zachary Tyler Moore, 18, of the same address, with simple possession of a schedule IV drug. She was being held on $10,000 bond Wednesday at Bedford County Jail. Moore posted $500 bond.

Moore told police he and his mother were outside smoking, heard an explosion, ran inside, found Williams on fire and put the flames out.

Davis said she had been away, walked into the room and Williams was ablaze, Curley said in his report.

Moore and Davis were treated at Heritage Medical Center for burns, police said.

Williams had left the motel around 6 p.m. and returned at midnight, according to police. The explosion was reported at 12:02 a.m.

She told Curley she had let “someone she didn’t know” use the room while away.

The room’s door was kept shut until firefighters arrived, with Curley noting smoke was oozing around its edges.

“Smoke came pouring through the door” when opened, Curley said. “The fire department checked the room and stated there was no fire at this time.”

Additional charges are expected in the case, according to the DTF.

 

 

 

 

http://www.t-g.com/story/2263509.html

 

Comments are closed.