PURVIS – Three arrests cleared up six vehicle burglaries in Lamar County.
Eleven more netted a passel of people allegedly dealing methamphetamine and prescription drugs around Purvis and Sumrall.
It’s been a busy week for the Lamar County Sheriff’s Office.
Sheriff Danny Rigel said deputies on patrol spotted a car fitting the description of one at the scene of vehicle burglaries at Foxgate Apartments between Cox Avenue and Interstate 59.
After pulling the car over, deputies arrested Marquis Terrell Dantzler, 21, of Hattiesburg and two juveniles.
“We had gotten a call from a witness that had seen them,” Rigel said. “It was a deal where they were going into cars that had been left unlocked.”
Rigel said Dantzler was charged with auto burglary and possession of a firearm by a felon. Bond was set at $10,000 on the burglary charge and $5,000 on the firearm possession charge.
A month-long investigation into the sale of prescription drugs and methamphetamine led to 11 arrests in Purvis and Sumrall by the department’s Narcotic Unit.
“It’s been a continuing investigation, where we’ve been following up on leads,” Rigel said. “More arrests are expected.”
Seven were charged with felony sale of a controlled substance:
• Dawn Lynn Argue, 60, Purvis ($200,000)
• Mathilda Danielle Dixon, 27, Purvis ($200,000)
• Gregory Revett, 57, Purvis ($200,000)
• Keith Lott, 27, Sumrall ($200,000 bond)
• Jacqueline Lynn Taormina, 44, Sumrall ($200,000)
• Christopher Clayton Phillips, 35, Sumrall ($100,000)
• Thomas Lee Pulliam III, 34, Sumrall ($50,000).
Three others were charged with two counts of felony sale of controlled substance:
• Meagan Danielle Dixon, 27, Purvis ($200,000)
• Crystal Michelle Dunn, 34, Hattiesburg ($200,000)
• Tanner Joe Runnels, 18, Sumrall ($200,000).
The 11th, James Randall Ford, 58, of Poplarville, was charged with felony sale of controlled substance and possession of controlled substance (methamphetamine). His bond was set at $200,000.
Justice Court Judge Bill Anderson set bond on Dantzler as well as those arrested on the drug charges.